Sunday, September 29, 2013

Week 3 follow up #SEACCR



Week 3 follow up

It was a busy week trying to find useful reference material, figuring out how to write an annotated bibliography, and visiting blog sites.  I made it a point to read everyone’s entries this week.  Apparently, I was not the only one digging through countless studies.  The SEACCR group was a busy bunch of bloggers. 

I spent a considerable amount of time reading through blogs this week.  I wanted to make sure to visit every site listed on our SEACCR blogroll to see the ideas that were forming and the types of information people found.  As I was reading through them, I felt like I had very little to offer.  Research writing is something I have never had to do. Since I have no experience, I did not feel like there was much I could add other than a few resources I found during my searches.  Some of the students in our class expressed the difficulty they had trying to find relevant research studies.  During my search, I managed to find a site that had several education related action research studies.   All of the studies were from elementary and secondary classrooms and most focused on using technology.  I will be using a couple of these studies as reference during my research.  This was something I felt was worth sharing as I responded to blog entries.  I have received a couple of messages thanking me for the website address so I am glad I shared it. 

The number of resources other people shared was impressive.  I will be going back to several blog sites to bookmark some of the references they listed.  I have noticed that some of the students in our class have prior experience with action research studies.  I intend to communicate with them throughout this project as I muddle my way through.  Data collection is one thing I've been struggling with.  A few of our students seem to have good ideas on how to handle it so I think I'll tap into their wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment